Generate Higher Sales with Ecommerce Photo Retouching
If there is one thing that eCommerce websites and internet retailers like Etsy, eBay, Amazon, Shopify, and Craigslist all have in common, they put eCommerce or product images on their lists and product pages. Brand pictures are here to help you sell. Customers are most likely to believe an online store when they see the goods, after all. They need the confidence that they are purchasing quality products, which is something that high-quality images offer.
Ecommerce Photos Builds Up Customer Trust
But how can the product pictures impact the building of trust? Researchers also found that photographs have a huge effect on sales:
- Perceived trustworthiness is the strongest of sellers who use high-quality pictures.
- High-quality picture listings are more likely to produce revenue.
- Listings that use wider and more images (like slideshows) tend to have the best conversion rates.
- The conversion rate for two-image listings (showing multiple angles and more details) is almost 200 percent higher than for single-image listings.
It’s All About the Product Photos
How professional photo editing adds value to your eCommerce store
In view of the inability to touch or experience goods in any eCommerce business, the graphic visualization of products clipping path service is the secret to the online retail business’s success. Visually appealing product images positively affect online purchases, rendering advanced photo editing and retouching practices a must for online retailers. Customers visiting internet shopping portals and eCommerce websites are unable to touch, sound, and experience the merchandise as though it were in an actual outlet or showroom. Consumer experience and resulting purchasing choices are mainly driven by the product photos presented.
Unfortunately, not all packaging photos are in accordance with the standards expected by the consumer. Photography of a product can change the perceived value of the product in a variety of ways.
- So high of the noise
- Making the shot look shabby
- Improper lighting
- This leads to differences in hue
- Incorrect history
- Renders an unattractive commodity
This is where the skilled editing of images comes into the frame.
A lot of post-production image editing practices such as cropping, straightening, color correction, noise reduction, backdrop elimination, ghost mannequin, etc., are needed to achieve optimum high-quality images for eCommerce portals.
High-quality image editing of aquatic swimmers improves the consumer experience
A UK business with branches in more than eight countries offers swimming lessons to children. Their value-added marketing campaigns enable them to post high-quality underwater photographs of babies learning to swim with their parents.
The organization has collaborated with HabileData on this ongoing image editing project, which calls for color correction, noise reduction, retouching, etc. The HabileData post-production team processes thousands of photographs in a very short timeline that follows strict quality requirements.
The result shows as:
- Satisfied and extremely devoted parents.
- Improved image of the client business
- Wonderful words of thanks from the customer for our post-production musicians!
What is inferred in an eBay report on the value of product images in e-commerce:
- Images increase consumers’ interest, confidence, and conversion rates, especially for goods where beauty plays a key role.
- Post-processed high-quality product pictures improve the total perceived appeal of the e-store, providing a positive effect on the purchaser’s decision to buy from there.
- The study showed that active vendors owed their higher performance ratio to the accuracy of the photographs they used for online merchandise sales. High-quality photographs have played a vital part, frequently neutralizing not such pleasant shopping experiences.
Four major benefits of high-quality product photos to your online stores
Photo editing requires a variety of post-processing processes, such as deleting backdrop, inserting highlights, rendering color changes, etc., all of which improve image quality.
Elevates web store image
- A website with high-quality product photographs would still provide a greater perception than online retailers with low-quality images.
Attracts interest to the client
- An online retailer does not offer its consumers the luxury of touching or checking their goods as a physical outlet.
Builds confidence in the consumer
- Realistic and esthetically accurate image representation will go a long way to creating trust between online shoppers for the product.
- Wide high-quality product photographs are found to be directly proportional to the sales rise for every eCommerce portal.
- How do the digital editing professionals assess the photo retouching technique
- High-quality image processing enhances the brand image of fashion store
- HabileData, a fashion retail giant with 532 stores in 47 states across the USA, delivered a total of 324,000 edited product photos, ensuring that blemishes or scratches did not show on the skin models, clothes appeared wrinkled free, items enhanced with strong backgrounds, etc. The turnaround period was just 8 to 12, which meant:
- Opening the shop on schedule
- Photos that strengthen the identity of the client’s brand
- Savings on prices
Seven advanced photo editing techniques to improve product photo quality:
HabileData, Hitech solutions, help leading online retailers fulfill their eCommerce retouching and editing requirements, including advanced skin retouching, fashion picture retouching, ghost mannequin, and invisible mannequin effect, etc. We exploit a fine mix of various operating strategies and technology to ensure market performance for our clients.
Image cropping and re-sizing
A perfect view of the image has to be cropped and resized to accommodate multiple angles. This has to be in the thumbnail, regular, and zoom view to get a better perspective. In addition, all distracting items, boundaries, or blank spaces must be omitted from the photographs so that shoppers can concentrate on the product.
Grainy images distort the background and make it seem unclear. Photo editing experts remove extra luminance and color noise for a better view of the picture.
A vague picture context distracts customers, causing them to lose concentration on the main item. Image editing firms delete these intrusive backgrounds and replace them with a clear/relevant context without compromising the overall picture quality.
Clipping road, typically used for photo background editing, includes clipping out the product and putting it on transparent backgrounds. This lowers commercial imagery expense since it is not important to take multiple images to provide product data. The individual data are derived from the main picture instead.
Pre-and post-production hassles and costs can be reduced with image masking technologies. Best used to handle complicated images where the clipping route can’t do miracles, masking allows image processing and retouching practitioners to conceal unnecessary image pixels. The technique is useful when image editors need to delete backdrop from complicated photographs such as hair blowing, fire, smoke, glasses, chiffon, and other transparent and semi-transparent images.
This is the first step in image processing to address color or tonal challenges. Color correction lets the pictures look in natural colors, sometimes not feasible in product photography. Image editing and retouching experts change the tone, contrast, and brightness of the images to make them appear colorful and vivid, thereby appealing to the consumers’ visual sense.
It leaves an ever-lasting effect on the visitors, as the image’s true nature is brought about by eliminating lens glare, stains, blemishes, and scratches.
Ghost mannequin service
In the garment industry, the 3D presentation of clothing has a greater visual effect than the 2D image. By manipulating the product images, the clothing is shown on the mannequin, as seen above. It gives the customer a clearer understanding of how the clothing will look as they put it on. Ghost mannequin or neck joint technique makes the fabric look conspicuous in the photo, providing a clearer image of the garment’s form and look – having the mark noticeable on the neck.
A dynamic eCommerce market demands that website owners actively push traffic to their sites, engage users to keep cruising through various product pages, inspire them to shop, and keep track of order management schedules. The secret to interaction, attractiveness, and conversion is the use of sophisticated photoshop retouching techniques resulting in a high-quality, well-crafted product show. Delightful photographs have proved their value in attracting the interest of the consumers. Investing in specialist product photo editing or outsourcing product photo editing is certainly worth – provided rapid revenue promises.
In addition, with the onset of 3D graphics, eCommerce vendors will provide their buyers with the ability to engage with the commodity like never before. With 3D product imagery, consumers will pick which aspect of the product they want to see. They can zoom in or zoom out, rotate the object, and see it in motion. This is the future of the eCommerce product show market. Once the eCommerce industry has embraced this practice, the value of e-commerce photo editing and retouching is expected to multiply.